One of my favorite things about the Christmas season is the music and every year it seems like I wish I had taken more time to just sit back and enjoy it. I have the nagging feeling that as I am packing away the decorations in a couple of weeks that I will have the same regret. This morning, though, I have my ITunes on my Christmas Faves Playlist as I try and figure out my holiday favorites. I copied this idea from Laura who did this same type of post a couple weeks ago. So the credit goes to her.
It is evident by looking at my iTouch that I have a penchant for Christmas songs. I have four playlsts dedicated to this genre: Christmas by the Tree, Christmas With Friends, Christmas Party, and Newer Christmas Faves. Each one serves a purpose. With so many songs to choose from it was a little trickier to come up with my faves. Some of these are new songs that I like for their fresh sound and others are old standards that take me back to memories of Christmases past or remind of the true meaning of the holiday season.
I'm sure you are familiar with a number of these but there might be a couple new ones or new renditions that you might take "note" of. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
15. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day - The Casting Crows
14. Merry Christmas Baby - Elvis Presley and Gretchen Wilson
13. Christmas - Blues Travelers
12. It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas - Dionne Warwick
11. Christmas Song - Dave Matthews Band
10. Carol of the Bells - Straight No Chaser
9. Mary Did You Know - Clay Aiken
8. Jingle Bell Rock - Brian Setzer Orchestra
7. Christmas - Dustin Kensrue
6. Carol of the Bells - The Calling
5. Winter Song - Sara Bareilles
4. Santa Baby - Macy Gray
3. What Do Bad Girls Get - Joan Osborne
2. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Michael Buble
1. The Signing - Miracle on 34th Street