I opened my email Tuesday and found out that Cottage and Vine had gifted me with a Beautiful Blogger award!
Wow. Thank you C and V.
How cool is that? It hasn't taken me two days to pass on this award because I get them all the time. On the contrary, this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. I am barely a blip on blogland's radar so I am actually a bit giddy with the recognition.
The reason it has taken me two days to respond is that I now need to come up with seven things about myself that you may not know about me AND I get to pass this token of validation onto fifteen other Beautiful Bloggers. I didn't want to do this part haphazardly without putting some thought into it. There are so many great blogs out there that I enjoy visiting but I wanted my list to include the blogs that I am always book marking, the ones that regardless of their following numbers have ideas that I can incorporate into my lifestyle. I like blogs that are well written and I am also influenced by a sense of humor because really I just love to laugh. I guess my blog roll is rather diverse but hey, that's what makes my mornings interesting. Thank you to all of you that get me charged up to try something new, make me a bit smarter, or make me laugh. I wish I could give out 100 awards, but since I can't these are my current faves.
1. Adventures in Decorating This decorating blog has a kind of Ballard Designs feel to it and her color choices are a lot like mine so it is easy to visualize some of her style merged with what I have.
2. Better After Because what's better than before and after shots. Love them.
3. Between Naps on The Porch. I am inspired by her traditional style that reflects where my heart is even though I am adding a few more whimsical touches lately.
4. Crowned Casa A kindred spirit that shares my love of black and white.
5. Everything Yellow Yes a bit of nepotism here but even if we weren't related I would find myself visiting this site for its fresh young style, great writing, and humor.
6. Hooked On Houses I am hooked on houses. In a perfect world I would own five of them and I would decorate each of them in different styles but not have to worry about the maintenance or the utilities. Just like the name implies, this site is full of wonderful interior and exterior shots of beautiful homes. Some famous. Some not.
7 Houzz This is one of those mega blogs and I would like to promote the smaller fledgling sites but if I am really honest this is one of my favorites. I like the clean layout with titles that let me know if I need to delve deeper into the post.
8. Just a Girl I Like the variety here. One day a paint project, the next day jewelry or a shopping find but always fun.
9. Lola B's Real life told eloquently with words and images
10. Lucky Peach Designs I am always looking for blogs that feature painted furniture and I don't mean your run of the mill stuff but pieces dressed in Mardi Gras style. This is a fave for me. I just wish she posted more often. Hint hint.
11. Lulu's Recipe Box Now I am not much of a cook. Okay, I don't cook unless there I don't have any other option but if I do decide to give it a whirl, this is where I go for help. Simple concise recipes of real world food and with plenty of gorgeous images for the cooking impaired visual learner. Love you too Laura.
12. Nesting Place You will find a real life approach here to decorating hurdles and successes along with some personal background that makes this an interesting story to follow.
13. Popcorn Served Daily I just recently discovered this blog through a blog party but I would have to say that her style closely reflects mine, traditional but with an edge, so I am interested in what else she will be bringing my way.
14. Serenity Now Gotta love her Decorating Dilemma Party. I can't wait for the next one and I love that she has follow up events. Brilliant.
15. Thrifty Decor Chick I have book marked a number of creative posts here for future reference. Check out her dining room centerpiece. Inspired
The second part of this recognition is that I am supposed to list seven things about myself that you may not know. Hmmmm let me think...
1. I am a closeted viewer of The Real Housewives of New York and a QVC shopper (Philosophy).
2. I have lost a parent to Alzheimer's.
3. I lived on a boat for a summer when I was twenty two.
4. I currently have 1473 songs on my Ipod and if I listened to them all consecutively it would take over four days.
6. I think I may be a southern girl that some how took a wrong turn and ended up in the midwest.
7. I wish more of my friends blogged so they would understand why I do what I do.
Now I can't wait to go check out the other fourteen blogs that Cottage and Vine selected. Thanks again. You flatter me.