I know it looks a bit obnoxious right now but after I apply the defining touches that give it a bit more cohesieveness and maybe a light glaze to tone it all down a notch, I think I will have the look I was after.
Everything has its first layer of paint and now the tweaking begins.
1. Find new knobs. Something with a bit more style. If all else fails, I will repaint these.
2. Finish black and white borders. I use painters tape to get a clean edge.
3. Add some gold stripes to the middle drawer.
4. The end pieces are waiting for pale creme hydrangeas.
5. Paint up the feet with some get your freak on flair.
Already on day three.
It's beautiful outside today.
I need a break.
I need to experience some of that sunshine.
I need a trip to TJ Maxx. I am having retail withdrawl.
Maybe a jaunt over to Hobby Lobby to look at knobs.
Yay, I'm having dinner and drinks with friends.
I can paint later tonight.
I have a lot yet to do.
Still, considering I started with this.
I should be able to wind this up tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you will stop back to see the completed effort.